The HVE3 certification illustrates our engagement, for many years now, with viticulture practices respectful to the environment. These steps have been slowly put in place.
The key dates of this engagement are as follows:
- 1999: Establishment of a treatment plant for viticultural waste.
- 2000: Introduction of green harvesting in the vineyard, prophylactic treatment.
- 2008: An end to chemical pesticides on the last 3 hectares treated like this in Martillac.
- 2008: Deployment of sexual confusion in the vineyard.
- 2010: Beginning of hedge planting and ecological corridors along our vineyards.
- 2010: Installation of the first beehives on the vineyards of Martillac and Langlet.
- 2014: End of anti-botrytis treatments.
- 2014: Use of horses for ploughing in the old vines.
- 2015: End of treatments containing CMR products.
- 2016: Financing of 50 hornbeam trees and 1.6 km of hedges in the village of Martillac.
- 2019: New approach to obtain HVE3 certification within the SME framework.
- 2020 : HVE3 certification obtained and process to obtain the Bee Friendly certification
On the Langlet property located in Cabanac-et-Villagrains, we own 55 hectares of PEFC certified forest. This standard promotes the balance between the environmental, social and economic dimensions of the forest through guarantees of sustainable practices.